Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Needles were clicking tonight

My afternoon Chicks took a day off today so just the evening ladies worked with me tonight.
Another Christmas gift finished! I made these for my Dad who lives in assisted living now. He's 89 years old and his circulation isn't as good as it used to be, so his hands and feet are always cold. I used Classic Elite Liberty Wool which is a superwash wool so they can go through the commercial laundry. And if they wear out quickly or shrink I know where he can get a new pair! Last week I showed you these after I turned the heel. I checked my notes and these took 7 days to knit. I like using worsted weight and knitting both at the same time!
I started another cowl called Chickadee Cowl but there isn't enough knitted to show yet.

 Dorah brought her finished Petite Honeycomb cowl tonight. It blocked out very nicely, showing her stitch definition and the pattern beautifully.
 Beth made wine bottle puppets for a gift. Aren't they cute?!!!
 Now she's making mittens for her niece. The cuffs are double thickness and beaded. I know an 8 year old who is going to feel like a princess!
Carole is working on A Cowl For Every Season.
 She just cast on the stitches tonight. It's a free pattern with a pretty lace.
 Thanks to Beth's daughter, Gretchen, for donating a warm hat for our inventory.
 Maureen finished those lovely cabled mittens. They are really warm too!
 She's casting on for a cowl now.
 Dorah set up her stitches so she could graft the live ends together using the Kitchener Stitch.
 Last up is an ear warmer hot off Carole's needles. She thought this would use up the last of the Berroco Jasper yarn but no, there is still more!
I wonder what she'll make next.

No comments: