Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Thank You on this Veterans' Day

I want to start today's entry thanking everyone who has served and currently serves in our Armed Forces. Words cannot express my gratitude for your sacrifices to protect us all.
 Today in honor of Veterans' Day, there was a ceremony at the assisted living facility where my father lives. He was asked to participate by reading a poem and then all the veterans present were named and thanked for their selfless service. The first photo was taken the day my Dad returned home from active duty. He is on the right with his buddy, Bill Piper. I mentioned before he participated in the Battle of the Bulge and I'm very proud of him and how honorably he's lived his life. I am so grateful to be able to thank him and his neighbors where he lives.
Barbara took a little time this week to work on a sweater for her granddaughter. She wanted to hurry up and finish it before Isabella outgrows it!
 This is what it will look like finished. The stripes will be a navy blue. Barb is using Plymouth Encore yarn so it will be machine washable and dryable.
 Sofia visited us on her day off from school. She wore the hat she made herself. So cute!
 
 Today she finished up her first pair of mittens. All that was needed was to weave in the loose ends and they are ready for inventory.
 Cinzia and Barb looked over the pattern for the cute top down cardigan.
 Cinzia made a lovely cowl to go with the mittens Kathleen knitted last week. She used Jelly Beans yarn, a cheerful colored project that can be worn two ways.
 If a change in weather hits suddenly, the cowl can be pulled up over the ears for warmth.
 Carole used up some more Berroco Jasper for a cozy pair of mittens. This is an Aran weight yarn and very warm, as Carole can attest to.
 Maureen made lots of progress on her cabled mittens. The yarn is perfect for highlighting stitchwork.
 And I finally learned how to count to 3! I've been sailing through this cowl nicely. I sure hope I didn't jinx it by saying so.
                                                
 This Barber Pole Cowl should be finished soon and then I can sew up the ends to make it an infinity scarf. Maybe it will be done by the next time we meet.

No comments: