Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Warm heads

I needed a quick knit last week because I was bored excited about trying something new. Kathleen made this headband earwarmer last week and I was fascinated with the cables, not having done them in a long time. I tried doing them without a cable needle but finally decided it would go much faster if I just broke down and used the thing! For those of you who are Ravelry members you can get the pattern for the Julia Cabled Headband for free.
This is Carole's hat that she worked on last week. All finished and looking handsome! I think she said it was a Tin Can Knits pattern with the antler stitch for the design.
And Beth finished the hat she worked on last week too.
This week Beth started a striped hat. We can't figure out if it's a bumblebee or a Pittsburgh Steelers hat.
Carole worked on the beginning of a baby sweater. It's a top-down cardigan using Debbie Bliss Cashmerino... so soft!
Dorah's Wingspan has grown quickly. I saw it when she started it on Saturday and it has grown considerably since then. At this rate she will have it finished in no time.
She is almost finished with her hat too. I think the yarn has some baby alpaca fiber because it is as soft as a cloud.
Our weather here in the Northeast has been frigid lately...
 but my orchids didn't seem to get that memo. So here are some pretty pictures to brighten your day.


This is why I love having orchids. Even on the coldest winter day I have beautiful blossoms to remind me spring is not too far away!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Look at those orchids!

And the knitting. And if you want the headband to be a hat, of course, all you have to do is pick up stitches, knit a few rows, decrease and tadaah! Just saying, because I've made a few hats with cabled brims that way.