Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A productive week with the Chicks

Barbara finished a shawl for herself using a pattern I designed for the Chicks to use that would work up quickly and easily.
The yarn was a bargain she picked up at our friend Karin's yard sale a few weeks back. Barb had said she wanted a black shawl but nothing too morbid and drab. Well this certainly isn't drab! It turned out lovely!
Since Barb was away last Tuesday she didn't get the opportunity to dive through our new stash of yarn. The wheels in her head were spinning with ideas.
 But first she has to make a "Coming Home" sweater for her granddaughter who will be born any week now. She bought the yarn based on the cute little lilac buttons she found first.
Liz finished weaving in the ends of her feather and fan carseat blanket. It's almost ready to go into inventory.
The evening group was very busy last night.
Carole brought in the finished pullover with the cabled sleeve edges. We all agreed, we love the rolled neck collar.
Carole has moved on to a cowl that has a candle flame pattern. Very pretty.
We had a visitor last night. Elise is a knitting friend with whom some of us knit once a month at our local Panera. She stopped by with some much needed sock yarn ends so I could make a surprise project for my Leo's first birthday. I can't show pics yet because it's going to be a surprise.
Elise stayed to work on a pretty cardigan. I love the cabled ribbing!
Karin brought some sock yarn too and finished up a log cabin blanket.
Isn't this darling?! I love the orange block in the center. Tradition calls for a bright red center to the log cabin quilt pattern to represent the "heart of the home". I'd say this fits the requirement perfectly!
Maureen finished the back of the sweater on which she was working last week. The details of the pattern are pretty. I can't wait to see it finished.
I started a reversible stripes scarf with some Cascade 220 solid and Noro Kureyon. I love the slowly transitioning colors.
I am eager to see this finished so I can watch the colors change along the length of the scarf.
Well, it's finally feeling like summer here but it has rained every single Tuesday for the last six weeks so we haven't been able to sit outside on the deck. Maybe next time. Until then, keep those needles clicking!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

The Karin's-yarn shawl is my favorite.