Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Busy knitting needles!

Those knitting needles were really clicking this week! Barbara showed us the darling set she knitted for her granddaughter who should be born any day now. 
 The self-patterning yarn created little rosebud designs without even trying.
 The buttons worked perfectly with the yarn.
 Barbara also finished a cardigan for our inventory. It's hard to see the buttons but they are little white rosebuds. Really cute!
 Liz took some time to catch up on her pompom making...
and then started a top down collared cardigan. We had a good laugh at her bargain yarn that she purchased over the internet. Liz said she couldn't pass up the good price but neglected to notice the small print which stated the yarn was from the "seconds" batch. Luckily, the problem with the yarn had to do with the dye job. It was a little spotted but it made the yarn look heathered so it was no big deal! 
 Beth completed her roll-neck pullover and used up almost all the yarn. It was from a project that she shelved and has been using it on all sorts of projects just so it wouldn't be wasted. This sweater is the last of the batch.
 Carole's candle flame cowl is finished as well. Notice the dimensional flame stitch. It looks really nice.
Maureen finished the back and front of the sweater she was making and is now on to....
 knitting two sleeves at once. That's a good idea so you don't forget what adjustments you may have made to one sleeve by the time you knit the second.
I've been working on my grandson's blanket for his first birthday. I thought I had enough left over sock yarns but I was beginning to see where I might have too many repeats so, thanks to my knitting friends, I have some great yarns to intersperse with mine.
I have to have this finished for his birthday in August so since it takes about 40 minutes to knit one stinkin' square I better stop talking and get back to work! Have a great week!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Oooooh, your blanket is gorgeous!!! That so much reminds me of my get-well afghans--I adore them and all that went into them.

And best wishes to Barbara for a safe arrival of her grandchild.