Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Sunday, September 11, 2011

In Remembrance of Those Lost 10 Years Ago

Upon awakening this morning, I was struck with how beautiful a day it was. Just like the morning exactly ten years ago as I drove to my job and noticed the expression of horror on the face of a driver passing me. I was not listening to my radio that morning or I would have known why he looked so devastated. As soon as I arrived at my workplace there would be the explanation, so horribly clear, so vividly tragic. Now I sit in my easy chair, knitting furiously away at my current donation project, trying to make this world better, one knitted garment at a time. Tears stream down my face, fogging up my pattern and stitches so I have to stop and wipe them away as I pray for the families who gave so much and lost so much that day. I say prayers for them and prayers of thanks, because I am so lucky to have all the blessings that I have.

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Amen.

I was driving too, but I had the radio on and was sitting at a red light; the people around me clearly knew nothing yet.

Knitting for others is the perfect remedy for me today too; I'm writing this while giving my hands a break from it.