Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Friday, October 3, 2008

Autumn fun and TAG YOU'RE IT

My grandson, Moose, visited last week and we packed as much fun into three days as is humanly possible! He's growing up so fast that I feel like crying but he makes me laugh with his silly antics. He learned how to make "poofers" into your belly (that's when you blow a raspberry and make babies laugh) so now he runs up to me and THBBBB! on my tummy and then he laughs hysterically.

Last Thursday was a beautiful day for apple picking and we got a half bushel full.
The monkey on his back is his harness so he can be "Mr. Independence" when he doesn't want to hold hands. Watching the donuts on the assembly line cooker is fascinating.
And now for our little game. It goes like this:
1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Mention the rules
3. Tell 6 quirky, yet boring, unspectacular details about yourself
4. Tag six other bloggers by linking to them
5. Go to each person’s blog and leave a comment that lets them know they’ve been tagged
I was tagged by my very talented knitting friend, Karin http://knitting-and.blogspot.com/
She is an accomplished knitter and quite a good photographer as well. You will enjoy her blog. She just finished a personal knitting challenge, using up over 7,000 yards of yarn! Check out her finished projects.
Now for my quirky facts:
1. My deepest secret dream was to be a nightclub singer in a sultry, dimly lit place singing smooth jazz.
2. I am a night owl and find myself most creative and productive after 10PM.
3. I always eat an ear of corn starting with the fat end in my left hand.
4. My favorite snack as a child was a whole can of anchovies with a chunk of fresh, crunchy Italian bread. I would still eat it now except the salt isn't good for me.
5. I love to eat whole pats of salted butter, just the butter! Hmmm...I'm seeing a salty pattern here.
6. I like to read gruesome non-fiction crime stories. The Woodchopper Murder was my favorite and it happened a town away from where I used to live.
I feel like you know too much about me now! But I have to tag six more people, so here goes:
Have fun reading all the blogs and for those of you who were tagged, good luck!


2 comments:

Cécile said...

I'm another butter, salt and anchovie lover, but am afraid to admit it. There's a really ridiculous story about me as a 3-yr-old wanting more sardines, which I called sarbeans. I wonder what other strange traits we share.

Cecile

Cécile said...

Oops, I got sidetracked with all the salt and forgot to comment on how adorable your grandson is!

Thanks for the tag. I have been thinking about creating a new blog entry--yes really after two months I may actually make a new one. so I am going to hold off passing on the tag till I get that done.