Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Deck knitting!

It was a beautiful, breezy afternoon of knitting outside today. It's been so hot and humid that I really haven't used the deck as much as in the past. No humidity and a light breeze made it a delightful time spent with my Chicks.
Barbara B. made a sourdough coffee cake to top it off with a touch of sweetness.
Jan started a blue Look Out! Winter Hat because she caught the startitis bug. I know how that feels! I currently have seven projects on needles. No one ever said I was a monogamous knitter!
She has also made progress on her Wee Bean cardigan. We're all very proud of her as this is her third sweater and she matched the stripes on the sleeves! Great job Jan!
I'm working on the Leaf and Lace Cardigan from a book of eight different patterns. If I have enough yarn left I will knit the matching hat.
Maureen was bored with knitting the Totally Biased Cowl and decided to cast on for her Look Out! Winter Hat. This is a potato chip pattern, can't make just one. ;)
Nancy's Reverb Shawl looks like it's getting close to the finish line. I said it before and I'll say it again, I love those colors!
Barbara B. finished the Hill 60 hat and immediately cast on for the...
Upward Bound Hat, designed by Benjamin Matthews. He designs nice patterns for hats that could be gender neutral. There was a post about it on Facebook that it would be free for a limited time so we both grabbed a digital copy of the pattern. 
Cinzia is knitting the bonnet from the same pattern book as my Lace and Leaves sweater. She already finished the sweater.
Dorah has reached the crown portion of her sparkly hat where she now begins decreasing however,
her yarns became a tangled knot so I helped to untangle while she supervised. LOL! 
In recognition of the recent 2024 Olympics, we celebrated our victory over the knots.
 Now she can finish her hat.
I need to get back to my knitting so I can whittle down the list of projects. 
Have a great week and keep those needles clicking!

No comments: