Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Cool breezes and good company

We had a balmy, breezy, 65 degree afternoon, just perfect for deck knitting. There was  lively conversation about current events, good books, and favorite documentaries airing on streaming networks.
And of course we couldn't pass up another delectable treat from the kitchen of Barbara B. This week's delight was sourdough s'mores cookies and believe me, I wanted s'more! 
Dorah treated herself to some goodies too! She bought these lovely yarns online and is planning on knitting the Gryer Shawl which requires 3 complimentary colors. These will be perfect!
She also completed the sparkly hat which she has been knitting these last few weeks.
Her current WIP is a baby hat which uses 96 stitches in sock weight yarn on teeny tiny needles.

Nancy finished her Reverb Shawl and it's gorgeous! She used a few different mini skeins combined to get this lovely result.
For this donation rotation she is knitting a hat to match the cabled scarf she completed a while back.
Margaret is finishing up two I-cords to attach to her Twig Bonnet for tying in place.
Maureen is almost finished with her Look Out! Winter Hat.
Jan is making one also but she is stumped because she can't figure out why she is 15 stitches short of the total number of rows she should have. I understand how easily that can happen since the pattern is written in a strange format. I had to go through my copy of it and write in the number of rows each section should have just so I could clarify it for my brain. Don't fret Jan, it will fit somebody!
She decided to put the hat away and picked up her Leftie scarf which is coming along beautifully!
Barbara B. just started the One Chevron Cowl a few days ago and has already made good progress. This cowl is a great stash buster because it uses all your left over sock yarns.
And Barbara K. lamented the fact that this Mistake Stitch scarf will take forever to finish because she chose fine yarn and tiny needles. But Barb, just think how beautiful it will be when it's complete!
I finished the body of the Leaf and Lace cardigan and put the sleeve stitches on magic loop to knit them two at a time. It looks like I'll have enough yarn to make a matching hat too.
I am playing lovely, quiet, classical music in the background and it's lulling me to sleep so I need to get up and walk around before I doze off. Have a great week and keep those needles clicking!

No comments: