Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, July 30, 2024

She never bakes a dud!

Barbara B's treats today were sourdough maple pecan scones. I'm not a big fan of scones because the only ones I ever tried tasted too much like baking soda and were as dry as the Sahara. But these deserve a chef's kiss! They were wonderful! Hey Barbara! Do you ever bake a dud?
She is also a terrific knitter. She made this Summer Light t-shirt with a pretty lace bodice. She said it was sitting in time out for a while so she decided to pick it up and finish it. 
And look how nicely it fits her!
Her current WIP is the Look Out! Winter Hat. A friend from our Friday knitting group recommended it to us and we're cranking them out like nobody's business! It's a single layer ear flap version of the 1898 Hat with a wider variety of sizes.
Barbara finished one last week.
And here are my two. The top one is the smallest size and the bottom one is the next size up. They knit up very quickly and the pattern is easy to follow.
Because I was working on those two hats I didn't make much progress on the Helix Hat I showed you last week. But I managed to throw in a half dozen rounds today.
Nancy found a pretty set of gradient yarns on sale on the Knit Picks site. 
This is the Stroll brand of sock weight yarn.
She is starting with the lightest color to make the free Reverb Shawl for herself. I'm loving the colors!
Margaret is working on the Twig Bonnet. She was having issues with the beginning as the written pattern was a little confusing to her. So instead of ribbing, she made a nice seed stitch edge to the hat.
Jan started the Jesse's Christmas Hat with a pretty deep blue yarn. This yarn has a nice stitch definition which will beautifully highlight the cable lines of the hat. And it's free!
Another free pattern is Totally Biased, a cowl that Maureen is working on. The slow color changing yarn is making long spans of color along the cowl.
Someone is staring at me so I'm guessing it's close to feeding time. I swear this cat can tell time!
The heat and humidity are back so I'm going to sit close to the AC vent and get those needles clicking!
Have a great week!

No comments: