Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Too hot for deck knitting

Fozzie thought I prepared the dining room for him when in reality...
I was waiting for these lovely ladies to arrive. It was so hot and humid today that the thought of sitting on the deck made me feel the vapors! Thank goodness for air conditioning! We were wondering how the poor kids are making it through the last few days of school without it. I'm sure the town pool is open now for those who like to swim. 
We start off with a few FO's. Barbara B. finished the Kennedy Cardigan but not without some agita. The pattern had a typo and there was something about the lace edging that made her adjust the stitching because the pattern was off. It still turned out adorable.
Barbara also finished the Yellowstone or Yosemite hat in baby size. The pattern uses dip stitches to create the texture of the design.
Carole added her own touch by knitting an I-cord finish to the top of her Simple Baby Hat. I think she mentioned that she used Lion Brand Ice Cream Yarn for a machine wash and dry hat.
Dorah finished a pair of socks with a self striping yarn. It created a cool, almost argyle pattern. The pattern is from Knitting Pure and Simple, #216 Beginner's Lightweight Socks.
Jan is making the Wee Bean cardigan in another Lion Brand Ice Cream Yarn in a brighter version. The colors make it so cheerful!
Carole's Wee Bean is at the sleeve knitting portion. She is making both sleeves at the same time on magic loop. She used Plymouth Encore which is also machine wash and dry.
I'm working on the Oh Baby! Cardi using a superwash merino wool. I have one more buttonhole to go and then the ending ribbing and sleeves to finish it. I think I might try making my own buttons for this.
Barbara B is working toward the finish of the body on her Simple Toddler Cabled Cardigan which has cables down the shoulders and sleeves as well as down the button bands.
Maureen is almost done with her BERT Baby Blanket too. 
The stitch definition on her work is exquisite.
Carole was getting bored with her sweater knitting and pulled out a fan favorite called Totally Biased. It's a cowl which starts with a provisional cast on, is knitted on the bias, and then the last row and first row are grafted together for an invisible finish. This is a great pattern for those short color bursts of yarn to highlight the bias shaping.
We haven't seen any bears lately so I can go for my walks. But now it's so hot and humid I think I'll stay in where it's cool. I have tons of knitting to keep me busy. How about you? 
Have a great week and keep those needles clicking!

No comments: