Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, June 11, 2024

There's been a visitor in the neighborhood who caused quite a stir

I'll give you a couple of hints. This is his footprint. It was about 10" long.
This is what he left in his wake.
And here he is! Last Thursday "Teddy" walked across my driveway, around the neighbors' house, and down our street around 1:30 in the afternoon. He's been wandering for days as I follow the social media posts to track his route. He was a gorgeous specimen of a black bear and it took all my willpower to not run up to him for a hug (just kidding). But he was beautiful!
Now that the excitement has died down, we have other good news! Nancy (second from the right between Maureen and Barbara) is a new grandmother! Her granddaughter was scheduled to arrive on Saturday but decided to make her grand entrance a day earlier. 
We saw pictures of the wee beauty and she is precious!
Nancy is knitting the Wee Bean sweater for her and I know the color will be perfect for her rosy little cheeks.
Barbara B's orange-chocolate shortbread cookies accompanied our discussion of babies and what fun and love they bring into our lives.
Barbara finished the Bee Hive Hat which I showed you last week.
She found the perfect buttons for it at Joann's Fabrics.
Currently on her needles is the Kennedy Cardigan. She isn't happy with the written pattern and after I read it, I can agree with Barbara. We found typos and just unclear instructions so I won't be linking to the pattern. This is why it is so important to have someone test knit a pattern you have written because sometimes we don't see our own mistakes and having someone other than the designer try to knit it can help clarify unclear directions and pick up typos.
Maureen added another band of color to her Bert Baby Blanket. I know she feels like it's taking a long time but I am impressed with the speed with which she is making it.
Jan started the Wee Bean too. The self striping yarn is so cheerful! I can't wait to see it finished!
I am approaching the section of the Oh Baby! Cardi where it's time to put the sleeve stitches on holders so the body can be knitted. This is a cute V neck cardigan which is knitting up pretty quickly.
I should go for a walk but with all the bear sightings the past few days, I'm afraid to be out alone. I'm sure the bear is more afraid of me than I am of him, but I don't want to test that theory! 
So instead I'll just keep my needles clicking!
 

No comments: