Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, May 16, 2023

The first "deck day" of the year

We were planning on sitting out front again but with 10 mph winds, pollen, and allergies, we opted to retreat to the comfort of the screened porch. Besides, we had the gentle gurgling of the fountain keeping it peaceful while we discussed interstate vs intrastate highways and their numbering and how did we ever find our way before there was GPS on our phones! 
Maureen completed her Step Zeppelin cowl. When she asked when is it time to consider it long enough my response was, "When you ask if it's long enough yet." Sometimes, as much as we like a project, it can get tedious and you just know it's big enough.

                                        

I was planning on making a Lexis Hat, a pattern I've made a few times before so I'm familiar with it. But as you can see, the needle has been removed and the next step will be frogging! I just wasn't enjoying it this time so I'm blaming the yarn for not wanting to be this hat. My decision was reinforced when I had finished a cable row and had three stitches too many left over at the end of the round. My next step will be to dive down the rabbit hole for a different pattern.
Barbara K is making a basic beanie in a vivid purple. 
Maybe I should stick with something like this for now.
Janna made more progress on her Arona Cowl. Her color choices highlight the mosaic pattern throughout the cowl.
Maureen's next project is a hat with a gradient colored yarn.
And Carole continues to slowly add length to her Brioche Cowl. It's a slow going pattern because you have to take you time to be sure you are using the correct color per round. She's doing a great job.
Jan A picked a free pattern on Ravelry to make a hat that starts with 2X2 ribbing for the folded brim.
The Cable and Rib Knit Hat is shown being worn by a man but it is generic enough for any gender.

Ok, so I'm going to go through my library of patterns now to see if something jumps out at me. Wish me luck and as always, keep those needles clicking!


No comments: