Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, May 9, 2023

A breezy day

The breeze made it a bit chilly today so the sun felt extra cozy on our backs. But we won't complain! It's so nice to be outside again.
I visited my sister last weekend and she inherited the family trait of not letting anyone leave empty handed. She made some cowls and generously donated them to the Chicks' inventory for our donation to the homeless women veterans.
They will be added to Barbara K's Ex's and O's hat, the second one she's made...so far. 
She is thinking it would make a nice addition to her granddaughter's wardrobe, in colors suitable for a young lady still in grade school.
Jan A. completed her Swirl Hat. In the beginning she was a bit confused because the tail end of yarn from the cast on row was her signal that she had finished a round but it wasn't where it was supposed to be. That's because the beginning of round keeps changing with each row so you get the swirl effect.
Carole's Brioche cowl threw her a curve ball too. She put the knitting down and when she returned to it, she couldn't picture which direction to knit. The two yarns left in the middle of a round are at different spots along the needle which can present the problem of which one to pick up and knit. She solved the problem by never leaving off in the middle of a round.
Barbara B. is making a treat for herself. It's the Wrap Me Up Sweater Scarf in a most beautiful coral color. It uses DK weight yarn, a little over 900 yards.
Barbara K's next project is a basic beanie. I think she needed a rest from reading charts.
Jan A. added many more stitches to her Close to You Shawl. It uses fingering weight yarn but I'm sure you could adapt to any yarn with appropriate needle size change.
Maureen's colorful socks are coming along nicely too. Making them on magic loop, two at a time seems to make them go faster, or is it just my imagination?
I have about three more rounds to make on this cowl and then I'll be binding off and adding it to the inventory. It's the Knit Round Turtleneck Dickey found on YouTube.
I'm back inside now and my kitty, Fozzie, is begging for me to follow him to the couch so I can cuddle him. So I will obey the "King's" request and remind you to keep those needles clicking!
 

No comments: