Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Humidity drove us back in

I tried sitting on the deck before the Chicks arrived and soon discovered that the humidity made it feel like breathing sponge! I'm glad I walked early enough in the day so I wasn't affected.
We had a pretty full house today.
Carole brought in the hat and cowl she has been working on for the last few weeks. The Honey Cowl was made with Berroco Vintage yarn. I didn't catch the yarn she used for the Meshy Squishy Toque.
She started a pair of baby socks using this self striping yarn.
Here are the toes and...
this is what they will look like when finished. Adorable!
Janna's Totally Biased Cowl is getting close to the finish line. And she brought a lovely wooden yarn bowl to contain her stash.
Debbie's striped hat is almost finished too. It looks so collegiate!
Maureen worked on her Noro Striped Scarf. She's using two balls of the same color changing yarn but from different parts of the skein so the colors contrast each other.
Barbara B. showed us the sweater Flax which she is making for herself. The discussion turned to the subject of projects we've started and not finished. I thought I was bad with two shawls sitting in timeout since 2018. I think Dorah and Cinzia beat me by many more years.:)
Cinzia made the pattern for this scarf using fingering weight yarn for a pretty diagonal lace.
Margaret is still working on her Sightseer Cowl. She doesn't have much time during the week to work on knitting so she has to make up for it on Tuesdays.
Liz started a hat this week on big needles. This shouldn't take long at all.
And I made an oopsie this week! I tried making the 1898 hat and used a size 6 needle instead of 7 (I really shouldn't try to rely on my memory) and ran out of yarn before I could finish.
On to Plan B! Make it a pony tail hat!
That's all for this week. So until next time, keep those needles clicking!
 

No comments: