Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Finishing up the dolls

We are winding down our projects, trying to finish up the toys and dolls. Debbie finished her little girl doll with her cute Mary Jane shoes and Peter Pan collar. My little boy doll needs a few touches.
 By the end of the evening he had his turtleneck sweater and matching cap. The bear was knitted by one of Carole's friends who wanted to learn how to make one and she graciously donated him to us.
 Jan added two finished toys to the inventory and has to add a face to the fuzzy bear and has a way to go with her mermaid. That's going to be one adorable doll!
 Cinzia was back today after a long hiatus. She brought us four hats, one of which was crocheted, the rest knitted.
 Margaret added her kitty to the litter and then started...
a hat using bulky yarn. Our favorite quote from Margaret tonight was, "I could fall in love with bulky yarn!" She likes how quickly it knits up a project. This hat is a copy of the hat that Julia Roberts wears in the movie "Stepmom".
Cinzia got distracted watching a movie while knitting a hat so Plan B was to make it into a romper. Looks good to me!
Carole was knitting along nicely on her Olivia cowl when she discovered she suddenly had too many stitches. It happens to the best of us knitters. She'll be back on track in no time.
Dorah was planning on making a shawl with this beautiful cashmerino yarn from Debbie Bliss but the pattern was so poorly written that it was too difficult to decipher. So her Plan B was to make mittens instead. These are going to be beautiful. The color is so luscious and the fiber is cloud soft.
I haven't worked on my loom in over a week as other things have taken my attention. But I plan to get back to it soon. I have some ideas floating around in my head. I just wonder if they will work. If not, I can always knit something! Have a great week and keep those needles clicking!

No comments: