Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Feline supervision

Joules would not leave the Chicks alone this afternoon! I could not get her to stay off the table. I didn't want to leave her on the deck by herself for fear she might get into trouble if left alone or even worse, escape somehow. She is strictly a house cat and I'd hate to have to explain to her Daddies how she got away! So we had her keeping an eye on all of us. ;) 
She made sure Elaine was knitting it right. 
 Debbie finished knitting the body of her sock and picked up the stitches for the afterthought heel. Barbara tried the TAAT socks but couldn't wrap her head around the cast on so she opted to make a hat instead. That's fine! We need hats too!
 Joules kept a close eye on my TAAT socks. She didn't even try to play with the yarn. But if some of it dangled over on to the floor, all bets are off!
 Liz worked on her socks with contrast heels and toes. She prefers DP needles.
 Joules stayed with us all afternoon making sure we didn't slack off.
                            
 But she was concerned when everyone left.
 She sat looking out the window as if to say, "Why did my friends leave?"
When the evening Chicks arrived, Joules was in another room watching the Yankees game with my husband. Carole finished her socks and wove in the ends tonight. This Adriafil yarn is so cheerful! I think she has enough to make another pair too.
 Her next project is the 1898 hat and she is halfway through the first earflap.
 Margaret has mastered the TAAT cast on and increase and is well on her way to a pair of socks. I am so proud of her persistence! She didn't give up, even after 12 tries!
 I started a pair of adult socks with the TAAT method. I'm using size 5 needles and worsted weight Wool of the Andes yarn from KnitPicks.
I received an email this week which makes me sad. We have to say goodbye to Barbara Beauchamp. She is retiring her Chick status as life is too busy and she doesn't feel it's fair to the rest of us to not give it her full attention. We'll miss you Barbara! You were a valuable asset to our flock. Good luck and keep those needles clicking!

No comments: