Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

We have hats!

Liz finished the Lamb's Pride Mohair and Wool hat and scarf set I showed you last week. We all love this raspberry purple color. And the yarn has a lovely halo of softness to it.
This lovely set will be a welcome addition to someone's wardrobe when the winter winds blow.
Margaret finished her oatmeal hat with the navy Fair Isle stitching at the border.
And Carole added her striped hat to the inventory too.
I needed to knit something quick since my other projects are time consuming scarves. This 1898 hat took only a couple of days to finish. The band portion around the ears is double thickness. No wind will be able to blow through that fabric!
Margaret started the Quick Ombre Hat with this pretty purple and...
this soft pastel tonal. Both yarns are Cascade 220 worsted weight.
Carole was inspired by my Helix hat to start one of her own. The technique is very clever. You never see the change in yarn colors, no jog where it changes, and single stripes that seamlessly run into each other. The yarns get a little tangled when you knit but you can always stop every so often and straighten them out.
Last May when I went to Arizona my friend, Connie, and I picked out the variegated yarn for a souvenir and I promised to knit whatever she wanted with it. The pattern she chose required two complimentary yarns which I picked out from Periwinkle Sheep.
I spent yesterday afternoon hand sewing the grosgrain ribbon on the button band and attaching the buttons with a little help from Joules.
And now Connie's Rickroll Wrap is completed.
I hope she likes it! It can be buttoned in different ways to be worn as a cowl or cape or poncho.
I'll be making one for myself too but not for a while yet. I already have too many WIP's on needles!
Have a great week. I hear the temps are supposed to cool down around here. I'm looking forward to that! I have some warm woolies to bring out of hibernation!

No comments: