Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Hats, hats, hats, oh, and a cowl and pair of socks

Elaine's cabled hat is closing in on the correct length to start decreasing for the crown. She's nearing the end of the ball of yarn but we encouraged her to keep on knitting because it sure felt like there would be enough to finish. And you know what? If it's not, she can bind it off and have a hole for a pony tail! There's always a solution.
 Liz picked out a rich forest green wool for her project. I think she called it a squishy cowl. We'll see next week.
 Maureen's Squarshy Hat has a brim and will be showing the pattern in the next few rounds.
 Dorah is making the same hat. With that bulky weight yarn it should be a quick knit.
 As I promised last week, Dorah finished her earwarmer/headband and it's a nice fit.
 Beth's socks are adorable with that self patterning yarn.
 Margaret is confused about how this is going to be a hat but after making at least 5, I reassured her it will all turn out in the end.
 Carole's hat is a bit further along than Margaret's and you can visualize the ear flap contour so it makes more sense.
My 22.5 degrees scarf looks the same as it did last week but I have reached the point where the scallops start. I need to lock myself in a quiet room so I can concentrate on it. Maybe by next week it will be completed. In the meantime, keep those needles clicking!

No comments: