Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Rounding up the baby clothes

This week's projects are showing lots of progress.
Dorah's baby sweater has a body and she started one of the sleeves tonight.
 Margaret designed a baby bib pattern. The loop for around the neck is on the left.
 Maureen started a shawl/wrap for a friend's daughter who is going through chemo. We are each going to knit a bunch of rows to contribute our prayers and support for her recovery.
 Last week I looked up a new technique, well new to me anyway. The Purl Soho pattern for the Reversible Rivulets scarf recommends the tubular cast on which I had never done before. So off to good ole" Youtube to find a video tutorial. Sure enough Roxanne Richardson had a great one to follow. I'm pretty pleased with myself and the results. ;)
 And in a week's time I've knitted almost all of the first 220 yard ball of yarn.
Since I have two balls of this lovely pink yarn, I'm going to knit until there is enough to bind off and that will have to be long enough. Now I have to hunt for a video tutorial to learn the tubular bind off.
That will be next week's lesson. In the meantime, keep those needles clicking!

No comments: