Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

A quiet evening of knitting by the fire

Margaret finished a hat this week. She said she saw this hat knitted up but didn't have a pattern so she figured it out on her own and made it. It's lovely and she did a terrific job!
Now she is trying her hand at the Birthday Cowl which Carole and I just finished. She is using a cheerful green yarn from Cascade 220 which will give nice stitch definition.
Margaret needed some more yarn for a chemo hat project for a friend so she wanted to hurry up and wind it. Oops! Never hurry when trying to wind a ball of yarn. But with teamwork, we managed to untangle the mess and finish winding it.
Remember the cowl I showed you last week? The one that reminded me of a loaf of challah bread? Well, this weekend I spent a total of 8 hours (not consecutively but my hand looked more like a claw than fingers when I finished) needle felting buttons for it. I stuck my finger once and learned pretty quickly how not to hold the yarn while felting! Boy! Those barbed needles hurt!!! I'm almost finished knitting the cowl so maybe by next week you'll be able to see the finished cowl.
Carole finished binding off the last row of stitches to her Birthday Cowl tonight. She is going to give it a steam blocking to even out the edges and then it goes into the inventory next week.
I must get back to my knitting. Have a good week and keep those needles clicking!

No comments: