Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

We had a visitor this week

My sister visited this week from Connecticut. We've been sitting on the deck (when it isn't 89 degrees and 100% humidity), making yummy recipes, and taking in the local sights. She even remembered to bring her afghan that she's knitting so she could join the Chicks. She met the evening Chicks today but my afternoon group had conflicts so she'll meet them some other time.
We have some lovely hats to add to the inventory this week starting with Dorah's baby cable hat. The heather green yarn shows the stitch definition nicely and look at those cute little cables!
Margaret also finished a hat to add to the inventory. She said she made a mistake but we were all able to convince her it was just a "design element" so she wouldn't have to rip out the whole thing. It looks great! I don't see a problem!
Maureen wove in the ends on her Zoe hat and....
it is also ready for inventory. Nice work Maureen!
Carole asked for my forgiveness because she found an orphan skein of yarn at her home and used it instead of one of the hundreds of skeins I have here in our Chicks' stash. LOL! As long as she doesn't make a habit of it! The pretty pastels will make a sweet baby hat.
Dorah was inspired by Maureen's Zoe hat and cast on stitches tonight to make one in a pretty pastel pink. We watched a video on knitting right twist and left twist stitches so she doesn't have to use a cable needle for a 2 stitch cable. It saves so much time and cuts down on fiddling with that extra needle.
Beth's hat has a deep ribbed cuff and the pattern will show up soon. The oatmeal colored yarn makes a nice neutral item to wear with anything.
I started a plain vanilla ribbed hat to give my brain a rest. Over the weekend I worked on a couple of projects which required my full attention.
This little bag was a bugger to start off. I decided to use Magic Loop but the pattern calls for a provisional cast on. Talk about fiddly! Next time I'll just use DP's for the beginning and switch to magic loop when I get to the pouch. Once I got past the folded eyelet section the rest was a breeze. The four corners have a row of beading. I think it's pretty cute.
That's all for now. Keep those needles clicking and I'll see you next week.

No comments: