Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Thursday, December 3, 2015

For my readers who would like to help

I've been receiving comments and emails from readers expressing their desire to help with the yarn bombing project. I would like to answer each of you personally but when a comment is left on the page there is no way for me to answer you directly unless you leave me your email address, which I suggest you don't do in a public forum. 
 The Chicks' yarn bombing project has been closed for this year as we are already knitting for our next recipient. It takes us a good three or four months of knitting time to prepare for our usual donations and since we spent about five and a half months on the yarn bombing, we have had to move on. However, if you want to help, many local yarn stores collect hats, scarves, and mittens at this time of year to distribute to the needy.
If you would like to help with next year's yarn bombing, keep watch for my announcement next spring about what to knit and where to send it. Or you could just leave your knitted items where you think someone in need will find it. Don't forget to attach a note of explanation so people will know it's free for the taking.
God bless you all for wanting to help.

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

I cannot tell you how much I love that you all did this and are encouraging others to. Well done!