Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Trying to stay warm

Show and Tell this week starts with our FO's, Finished Objects. This cowl started out as a scarf using the No Purl Ribbed Scarf pattern which is free on Ravelry. I used Cascade 220 yarn and intended to make a cozy brown scarf but as you can see it didn't quite make it to scarf length. Knowing it needed some accent of color, I hunted in my stash and came across this bright turquoise, also Cascade 220, and loved the two colors together. VOILA! A cowl was born! Another stroke of luck hit when I found matching buttons in the button can. You just never know when inspiration will strike.
 Barbara's stashbuster headband/earwarmer turned out to be lovely and stylish. She too had perfect buttons just waiting for the right project to accent. I think she used a bulky Malabrigo yarn for this item.
 Carole also busted the stash with her Turban'd headband/earwarmer. There was just enough yarn left to eek out a cozy band.
 Elaine added another set of slipper socks to keep someone's toesies nice and warm. There are many free patterns out there for this old time favorite for Grandma's slippers. Here's one and here's one and here's another one. Take your pick!
 Mochi Plus yarn is the star of this cowl. Crystal Palace makes the yarn and it has the most beautiful color combos and long, slow color changes. I used the Basic Brioche Cowl pattern, free on Ravelry.
 Elaine worked on another pair of slipper socks this week. They seem to just fly right off her needles!
 And Barbara's cozy shawl is just about finished. The colors look lovely with her sweater. Sorry Barb! You have to donate it! LOL!
 Maureen started a Honeycomb Cowl with some lovely lace yarn she received as a gift. Too bad I can't remember the name of it. It's right on the tip of my tongue...Nope! Can't think of it!
 Carole's cowl is lacy and pretty. She'll probably have it done by next week.
 And lastly I started a Color Theory Cowl with 2 skeins of Classic Elite's Liberty Wool. I can't wait to see the color changes on this one.
The temps almost didn't make it above zero today. Thank goodness I didn't have to spend much time outside. Although I did have to pump my own gas today. BooHoo! Poor me! LOL!
I hope it's warm where you are!

No comments: