Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Chicks knit and I visit the beach

Barbara has become our official model for all finished projects. Thanks Barb! Here is Elaine's finished Gaptastic Cowl. Looks good!
Elaine finished a beige alpaca hat (on her lap) and she started another Gaptastic Cowl in brown. We are so happy to have Elaine back again.
 Now Barbara is modeling Kathleen's finished Amsterdam Lace Shawl. It's an adaptable pattern which you can knit in any weight yarn and any size so here Kathleen made it bandana size. It's a very memorizable pattern that easy to knit.
 Kathleen's fingers were busy as usual so she added another pair of mittens to our inventory.
 And here she is working on another cowl. We're going to have many warm necks this winter!
Liz finished her version of the Cushy Cowl. She used a super bulky yarn which gave it nice body but it's a killer on the hands and wrists to knit so her next project will be a softer and lighter weight yarn.
 Barbara found a pretty heathered green yarn which will become a hat and matching fingerless mitts.
 And Cinzia started a Nymphalidea Scarf. After she knitted this far into the project she noticed a dropped stitch and offered to rip it back to fix it. Instead I suggested she just thread a needle with the same yarn and weave it back into itself so she doesn't lose knitting time. You'll never notice it within the colors and pattern. And if I can avoid ripping it out I'll find a way to make it work.
 Our evening group worked on cowls and scarves too.
 Carole's Cushy Cowl is almost done...
 And Maureen did the bind off on hers tonight.
 Beth is almost done with her scarf.
 But I still have quite a way to go on my striped scarf.
 Last week I finished my Cushy Cowl. I have 4 other projects on needles which need to be finished. Maybe by next week I'll have a completed project to show you.
 DH and I took a very short vacation to Williamsburg, VA to visit the historical sites; Jamestown, Yorktown, and Williamsburg Village. I learned a lot from very entertaining park rangers. We had great weather until Sunday when we went to Dewey Beach in Delaware on our way home. We were told there was a storm out at sea and it caused the waves to be powerful.
 There's DH watching the clouds roll by.
 To say it was windy was an understatement! But the water was very warm and there were people swimming and body surfing all along the beach. 
By 4PM the dark rain clouds were replaced with pretty puffy clouds and blue sky started showing through.
 We were back at the beach by 8:45AM on Monday and the morning was glorious!
 As you can see it was beautiful on the sand. I really didn't want to leave.
 I met all sorts of creatures both small and ...
 friendly. That's Diesel. He truly enjoyed his romp on the beach.
But all too soon it was time to say goodbye to the sand and surf.
So now I have my photos to remind me how much I love the ocean. It's where I really feel at home.

No comments: