Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Warmer heads coming your way

Carole brought two FO's tonight. Julia's Cabled Headband is a free pattern offered on Ravelry. She used Cascade 220, a 100% wool, in a worsted weight. It shows off Carole's impeccable cabling skills.
 Another FO of Carole's is her Petite Honeycomb Cowl, also a Cascade 220 wool yarn in worsted weight. I love those colors together!
 Her next project is this Turban(d) Headband, another free Ravelry pattern.
 The pattern calls for knitting the headband flat and then sewing the two ends together. But Carole has decided to use a provisional cast on so there won't be an unsightly or bulging seam.
 Dorah put the finishing touches to her Lamb's Pride wool hat. The yarn is a bit heavier than worsted weight so it will be nice and warm in these cold winter months.
The last time we met I mentioned I would show you my finished Ripples Scarf. The original pattern called for a single row of bead work separating the ruffled section from the shawl section but I misinterpreted the directions and decided to do my own thing. I am very happy with the results.
 My current project is a linen stitch cowl using a fingering weight yarn with short color changes. Since the stitch is a slip stitch variation it will help spread out the color and avoid pooling. The orange yarn at the end is a provisional cast on so I can make this an infinity cowl. Hopefully I will be able to make it long enough to wrap a couple of times around the neck.
We've had several days of single digit temperatures out there lately so it's been nice to just sit by the fire and crank out some knitting every day. I hope you're enjoying some knit time too.

No comments: