Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

This week with the Chicks

I neglected to take photos of the afternoon ladies. Forgive me Chicks! But this week the evening group (all three of us) are in the spotlight. Shhhhh....Joyce is concentrating on the ribbing of the turtleneck collar of a poncho.
We have to be careful we don't get her laughing too much. We don't want to be responsible for having to frog anything. LOL!
Maureen finished the beautiful baby sweater and matching blanket. She commented on how much it made her think of her late mother-in-law, who taught her how to make this set many years ago, and how much she is missed.
I'm working on another pair of Jaywalkers, this time for my mother for Mother's Day. I started them last Thursday, April 30 and finished them this morning while I waited for the oil change in my car.
I used Cherry Tree Hill Yarn in the Misty Moor colorway. It reminds me of the irises in my mother's garden.

They are all ready to be wrapped and delivered.

My next project is a secret because the recipient might see it on this blog and then it won't be a surprise. But someday in the near future I'll be posting about it. Until then, keep those needles clicking!

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

What a beautiful group! And congratulations on finishing the socks. (For a moment there, I thought you were saying you started them last year, but then, hey, wait, this is May already...!)