Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

If we had been drinking anything besides herbal tea this afternoon I could blame all our mistakes on "knitting under the influence". But alas! We have no one to blame but ourselves. Elaine was working on a bonnet to match the eyelet sweater and she was quite a few rows past the border when she realized she didn't change needle sizes. Luckily, she didn't have to frog too much. Kathleen was working on a beautiful yellow lace scarf which consisted of a four row pattern and she got misled by our "scintillating" conversation and had to frog back a row or two. Then I was working on the sleeve to the navy and chambray hoodie for the second time (the first time I finished the whole sleeve when I discovered I made a 1X1 ribbed cuff instead of a 2X2 rib) and got to the last row only to find out I didn't change up to the larger needle after the cuff. Two whole hours wasted! Well, not really...I had a great afternoon with two lovely ladies.

The evening knitting session went much better. Joyce got quite a lot knitted on a cute little eyelet baby hat and Maureen is continuing work on her baby blanket. She's an accountant and this is her busy season, so she looks forward to Tuesday evenings to veg out and knit. And I finally finished one whole sleeve with no mistakes. FINALLY! Tomorrow is a new day and I'll start fresh. I might even have the sweater done by next week.

No comments: