Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, September 22, 2026

It feels like fall

As long as the sun was not hidden behind the clouds, it was a really peaceful afternoon on the deck. That is, it was until the weekly lawn mower teams arrived!!! They seem to ALWAYS time their mowing of our next door neighbors' yard at PRECISELY 1PM TUESDAY EVERY.SINGLE.WEEK!!! Can you tell I'm a little disturbed by this? 😖 I should be grateful that our neighbors are so very nice and that is all I have to be concerned about. When the mowers were finished, we had our peace and quiet back and could catch up on the weekly events. Jan came back from a vacation with a head cold but she had a good time. Carole's youngest daughter visited with her husband and 11 month old son so Carole was in her glory! She played with him and introduced him to some new foods for the whole visit. Barbara B didn't want to talk about her weekend away to watch a Rutgers football game. Sorry Barb! My husband and I watched our grandson play his college football game. We couldn't make the trip down to PA this time but we were able to stream the game online, so it was nice to be able to still see him play.
Barbara B is about 3/4 done with her Easy Vivi Wrap. The yarn is from Cece's Wool and More shop in Guilderland, NY. It is a light worsted and a lovely variegated colorway.
My Wavy Ribbed Scarf is on the decreasing portion of the pattern. I didn't bother weighing the yarn because I had two skeins and like to fly by the seat of my pants. But having said that, I am feeling a little anxiety as I watch that ball of yarn shrink.😉
Nancy, our Queen of the Short Rows, started a new wrap for herself. I couldn't find Windripple on Ravelry so I'm not sure where she found it but she said it is a little difficult to follow. Some of the instructions are explained at the beginning and never repeated within the pattern itself so you have to remember some of the steps to knit. Having said that...
She picked two lovely yarns to combine for this wrap!
I can't wait to see it finished!
Margaret is working on the pullover for her son which was sitting in time out for years. She admits there are a few mistakes here and there but it looks warm and cozy to me and that's what counts.

Barbara K started a hat and she's thinking it might be a Helix design. She's so creative that I know it will be perfect whatever she picks to knit.
Carole is trying her hand at that Wavy Ribbed Scarf too. I wrote up the pattern having watched the video and since it grows every fourth row, I found it a little confusing to figure out how to write in words what is happening on the needles. 
But she is following perfectly! It looks just like it's supposed to!
She put that aside to work on her Trellis Hat in one of her favorite colors, purple! She said she is finally getting around to making something for herself in her favorite color.
Jan started the Winter Cables Scarf and had to frog it and start over because she didn't like the way it was started without an anchoring border. She said the pattern has you dive right into the cables on the first row which made it look wonky.
She decided to knit a couple of rows just to give it something from which to grow. 
I finished my Feather and Fan Cowl using the mohair/silk blend yarn that my son brought back from Norway for me. When I first saw it my heart skipped a beat, it was so pretty! Then I thought, MOHAIR LACE! 😟But you know, it was very easy to knit! I made sure to pick a pattern that had a pretty design but would be easy to knit and easy to memorize. The hardest technique in the whole pattern was k2tog (knit two stitches together) and it turns out it was not at all difficult to knit! I am very pleased with it and it is so soft and warm. The fluff keeps a layer of warmth against your skin but it has no weight to speak of so it's very comfortable. Thanks Andrew and Robbie! I love it!!! Now I have to decide what to knit with the other yarns they bought me.
Well, I have to start dinner. We're having a potato crust quiche which has spinach, bacon, onions, garlic and Gruyere Cheese. I found the recipe on YouTube and thought I'd give it a try. I actually made it a couple of weeks ago and I'm reheating the frozen leftovers tonight. It was easier for me because I've never had luck making the crust.
Have a great week and keep those needles clicking!

No comments: