Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Knitting to the tunes of Lazy Cat Jazz

We had a tranquil afternoon on the deck with the soft sounds of smooth jazz playing in the background. Spotify has a station called Lazy Cat Jazz and I'm sure they had Fozzie in mind when they compiled the selections.
Barbara B made cinnamon chips cookies this week, just like chocolate chip cookies but with cinnamon mini chips instead. They were soooo good!
You might remember the pullover Cinzia designed and was making during the last few months. She couldn't make it today but I was able to get a picture of it. She completed it in time for her trip to Sweden when it came in handy.
Nancy finished the adorable Berry Baby Hat for her granddaughter who is due to arrive late June. The pattern is free when you follow the link.
She also completed two other hats and is already on to a third.
Jan just started Marianna's All-in-One Matching Newborn Baby hat. It is also a freebie on Ravelry. It starts out with a seed stitch cuff but all the pictures show it with a ribbed cuff. Sometimes free patterns are a bit dicey to follow.
Carole's Wee Bean Sweater had to take a back seat to a busy week so it's not much farther along than last week. But she does nice work!
Maureen's Bert Baby Blanket has two more wide bands of color since we last met 
so she's making progress.
Barbara B started the Slouchy Two-Color Baby Hat by Betsy Lowery. The yarn has such pretty colors!
Do you remember last week when I knitted four rows in the round forgetting that garter stitch in the round requires a knit row alternating with a purl row? No one would let me frog it and suggested I make it a design element. So this was the solution to my mistake. I kind of like it! Now I have to pick up stitches along the front edges to make the button bands. This it the Yarnspirations Knit Baby Jacket Set, another freebie on Ravelry.
The pollen is getting to me so I'm giving up and taking an allergy pill. I thought I could tough it out but not so much. How many more months until winter? LOL! 
Have a great week and keep those needles clicking!

No comments: