Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Welcome home Snowbird!

Maureen flew back from her winter home last night and joined us for a sunny afternoon of knitting. She said as long as we could sit outside spaced apart, she would join us. We missed her so it was a good thing Mother Nature decided to cooperate. Look at that blue sky!
Maureen jumped right back into her knitting with a hat for our inventory.
As soon as I finished last week's bonnet, I cast on stitches for the Dexter Vest in a 0 to 3 month size. The yarn is Plymouth Encore (machine wash and dry) in DK weight. It's knitted flat and then side seams are sewn to attach the underarms.
Nancy's Helix Hat is nearing the portion of the crown when the decreases begin to close the top of the cap. She is able to use every last inch of yarn left over from other projects. I don't know about you, but I can't stand to throw out ends of a skein so this is a great way to put them to use.
Barbara B. is working on The Gift, a beautiful little cardigan.
 The bright sun washed out the design but...
I was able to get a shot of the pattern page to show you the adorable motif on the yoke.
Dorah's Knit Baby Jacket Set is looking like a sweater now. The self striping yarn does all the work without all the hassle of juggling multiple balls of yarn.
 
Barbara B. also completed an Avery's Happy Cap to pair with the above cardigan. It's a darling little bonnet with a sweet ruffled edge.
I've been working on a scarf for myself using the yarn I dyed with Wilton Food Coloring and I've finally finished! I wrote the "recipe" for it on my Ravelry page if you want to make one for yourself.
I love it paired with my raspberry colored blouse! 
It's so beautiful outside that I think I'll go for a quick walk before I have to start cooking dinner. 
Have a great week and keep those needles clicking!

No comments: