Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Brighten your cloudy day with knitting

Barbara B., Maureen, and Carole joined me this cloudy afternoon. Happily, the weather doesn't have any influence on our knitting activities!
Barbara is using a Debra Norville 100% acrylic yarn to make this bright hat. The fiber is surprisingly soft and easy on her hands. Some of us don't enjoy knitting with acrylic as it doesn't have the elasticity of a natural fiber and it takes its toll on our hands. But this one is a really nice quality and it's machine washable which is a big plus in my book!
The pattern for the Red Diamonds Hat is offered for free on Ravelry. Just follow the link.
Maureen is making the Step Zeppelin Cowl which uses slipped stitches to make a lovely mosaic pattern. If you were lucky and found the pattern during the first 24 hours that it was posted, you could have it for free but now they are charging for the electronic PDF.
Carole continues to add length to her Easy Scarf by Martina Behm. It seems to be a slow going pattern but then suddenly you find yourself at the last few rows and it's done. I think it feels like it's taking forever because the first part of the scarf is when all the increasing of stitches is knitted and then you turn a corner and the stitches decrease. Before you know it, you're sliding into home base and it's done!
She showed us her next project which is the Morton Cowl which she is making for herself. Those colors are beautiful! The variegated yarn is from Manos del Uraguay and the gray is Berroco Vintage.
I thought this plain beige yarn needed some perking up so I chose a favorite hat pattern of mine called Czapka. On one of my marathon "falling down the rabbit hole" internet searches for patterns on YouTube I came across this video which was narrated by a Polish woman, I think. I turned the sound off and watched her knit while simultaneously writing the pattern so I could duplicate it. Today I looked up the video to show the Chicks and noticed that in the meantime, someone had written the pattern in English in the video notes. Too bad they didn't do it sooner. I could have saved myself some time to knit. LOL!
Carole completed her lovely Brioche Cowl. This side is predominantly a pretty light teal color and..
Inside is the dove gray side with teal border. The great thing about Brioche stitch is it gives you two garments in one!
My kitty, Fozzie, is patting my foot as I sit here which can mean only one thing... he wants to eat...AGAIN! We've been good pet parents and have limited his feeding times to try to trim his waistline since he was quite overweight when we rescued him two years ago. I can see a change in his girth but we'll find out just how much he's trimmed down when we take him for is annual exam this week. I hope the vet doesn't give me a lecture! LOL! 
 I hope you all have a great week and keep those needles clicking!

No comments: