Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Raw and rainy outside, warm and friendly inside

With news of a new more virulent variant virus (say that 3 times) circulating in the area, we thought it wouldn't hurt to wear masks again. It doesn't interfere with our knitting so where's the harm?!
Barbara B. started the Quynn hat, a darling ear flap hat for a child. The little peak at the top makes your cherub look like a cuddly elf.
Barbara K. found another adorable child size hat pattern in one of the series the One Skein Wonders book.
Her yarn choice will make a delightfully cheerful hat.
Janna chose to start a Helix Hat using these lovely purple and pink yarns. It reminds me of a flower garden. Can't wait to see it finished!
Margaret has the second of a pair of fingerless mitts to match the Orchid Mantis hat she made last week.
Dorah's Easy Scarf is back on track after a rocky start. The pattern has you change directions of knitting at the halfway point and everyone I know, including me, has flubbed it at the turn. Unfortunately, this yarn being fuzzy, was a bear to frog but it's going in the correct direction now. 
It should be a lovely, soft scarf soon.
I'm working on a Jariq shawl with two skeins of sock weight yarn. I will soon be approaching the halfway mark when the increased stitches turn to decreased stitches to complete the other half of the triangle.
Way back in June of 2022 I started the Study Hall Shawl with yarn I bought at a trunk show for LolaBean Yarn. I dragged my feet on completing this because, if you didn't know before, I HATE CHARTS! And the mosaic portion of this shawl is charted only to make those little checkered squares. But once I got into the knitting it was a very entertaining project. It had just enough repetition to keep it easy enough to watch tv and follow the chart at the same time. This one is a keeper for me.
But I would gladly make another to donate if I find two yarns in my stash that look nice together. Oy! Just what I needed! Another to-do to add to the long list of patterns waiting to be knitted! LOL!
Well, I had better move my butt and finish what's waiting on the needles. 
Enjoy your week and keep those needles clicking!
 

No comments: