Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Ending the year with some FOs

Jan A. wanted to be sure I had her finished objects before she hibernates for the winter so she dropped them by this morning.
Her Bella Shawl was made with DK weight 100% alpaca from Frog Tree. It’s the softest, cuddliest shawl you’ve ever felt.
These hats from upper left, going clockwise are Squarshy hat, Espina Cap, Trio of Hats, and Knotted Rib Hat.
The Sampler Cowl is a good one for wrapping twice around your neck.
This pattern is the Helmet Liner which I made years ago and decided to revisit it and I’m glad I did. Once I learned how to count correctly, I was able to get a decent head covering.
This is the top of a different hat I started which was going to be the helmet liner but the knitting goddesses decided to play a little game with me. I counted my stitches four times to be sure and when the time came for me to divide for the face opening, I was suddenly short by 20 some odd stitches. Rather than frog 6 inches of knitting I went with Plan B, folded the fabric and sewed the cast on edge to the live stitches so it had a double thick brim, and then completed a slouchy cap with a four square decrease which shows here in the photo.
The most aggravating thing is, I had the 84 stitches that were required for the helmet liner so somewhere I goofed with my count. Oh well, no harm done! I got two warm hats instead of one!

 Wishing you all a very happy and healthy new year! And keep those needles clicking!

No comments: