Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Starting a new cycle

While not every one of my Chicks was in attendance today, we still had a full house. We talked a little about the yarn bombing last Friday and then moved on to our next rotation of donations.
Our next recipients will be the clients who are served by Grassroots Givers. They requested dish cloths but we can do so much more and we've got a good start. Barbara K. started us off with a warm hat made with Vanna's Choice acrylic yarn so it's soft and machine washable.
Maureen finished her Helix Hat and it's also a machine washable hat made with Berroco Vintage.
My contribution this week is a superwash merino cowl. I watched a video on YouTube which was in a foreign language but I slowed the video so I could write the pattern as it was being knitted. I've seen some great stitches in video format so I'll be translating a few more in the next few weeks. After I write them up, I share them with my Chicks. If you'd like a copy, private message me and I'll email one.
This set that I'm making is almost finished. The cowl is the Glacier and the hat is my go-to Soldier's Watchcap. This is actually for my other charity knitting group which has been asked to knit a bunch to be donated to Street Soldiers of Albany. It's "fun" juggling two charity groups at once...notice the quotation marks.😉
Dorah has chosen her next project to be a Helix Hat and her color choices are yummy!
Maureen's hat is another machine washable fiber, also Berroco Vintage. The texture of this pattern is beginning to show nicely.
Barbara K. found a nice variegated fingering weight yarn to make a cowl.
It will become the Present Cowl, a freebie on Ravelry.
Jan was gifted her sister's stash of yarn and she has already started using it. The Squarshy Hat is an easy hat with a line of stitching to keep it interesting. If you choose this pattern, be forewarned...it has spicy language in the directions which make it kind of funny to read.
Margaret made up this hat pattern while riding in the car. It's a basic stockinette stitch in the round but every 5th stitch is a purl stitch to give it that spiral all the way up. Good job!
Janna is making the Ribbed Watchcap too. She's just about to the point where she can start decreasing for the crown.
Barbara B. is using this lovely sport weight yarn for a Fresco Simply Slouchy hat.
And last but not least, Dorah wore her beautiful Bella Shawl with yarn she bought online. If I could remember the name I'd tell you but for some reason, I have a mental block and can never remember it!
I've unearthed some pretty yarns from my stash that are calling my name so I better say good-bye and get back to the projects so I can start something new. Until next time, keep those needles clicking!

No comments: