Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

A Perfect Afternoon

It was 76 degrees and the sunshine peeked through the maple leaves just enough to keep us happy as the breezes kept the bugs away. 
It was just a perfect way for Janna, Margaret, and me to spend the afternoon.
Janna had purchased this pretty yarn with the idea of making the Cheri Chevron Shawl but as often happens to me, the yarn decided it didn't want to be that shawl. So Janna put Plan B into action and is now working on the Exordium Shawl for herself.
For donation she's working on a hat with the prettiest variegated yarn. The green portion of it was just enough to make one complete round at the beginning of the ribbed section.
Margaret was discussing with us how she lost her knitting mojo for a while so is easing back into projects with a basic warm garter stitch scarf. We've all been there at some point and as I said to her, there's nothing wrong with simple. It keeps you just as warm as a patterned scarf.
I'm approaching the end of the Hannah Hals neck warmer and will be binding off the stitches in another row or so. You know what that means?!?! I get to start a new project and there's a skein of pretty periwinkle blue that has been screaming at me from the stash for the last week!
 Well, it's still lovely outside so I'm going to go for a stroll before I have to make dinner. It's just too nice to sit inside, even if I am knitting! Enjoy the spring while you can. And keep those needles clicking!

No comments: