Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, June 22, 2021

And the rains came down!

Last night we had a DOOZIE of a thunderstorm with lightning that hung in the sky for a few seconds making everything outside look like daylight. This 20 pound behemoth was terrified of all the noise and flashing lights so he stayed close by my side or my husband's side. But I think Fozzie is getting used to the knitting ladies visiting every Tuesday. Today he worked up the courage to walk through the kitchen where we knit around the table, with his belly hung low, hoping not to be noticed.
My current project gained a few inches since last week. It's the 2x2 ribbed hat which is so easy I actually memorized the pattern.
But after a while the beige color gets pretty boring so I spiced up the work with rainbow socks. It's a plain vanilla pattern from my head. I haven't decided whether to do an afterthought heel or a short row heel but there's still time to decide. In any case, the heels and cuffs will be in the solid green yarn.
I forgot to ask Liz if she decided this is a hat or a cowl. She's put quite a few inches into it since last week.
This cowl is a popular one. 
Margaret liked Maureen's so much she decided to cast on one also.
Maureen is at the point where she feels like her Sightseer Cowl is taking forever. I see the 
progress though.
Barbara K.'s Palindrome Scarf is showing off those beautiful cables. She has such nice tension to her knitting which adds to the beauty of the work.
Carole's Honey cowl is wider this week too. It's a good tv knitting project.

 The wind is still pretty forceful out there and it's still very overcast but I think the worst of the rain is passed. So the next few sunny days I'll be keeping those needles clicking! Will you?

No comments: