Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Sounds like a Bill Withers song

Just the two of us...Barbara B. and I had a lovely afternoon of knitting and weaving on my screened porch while cool breezes kept us comfortable. Barbara started working on a shortie sock, the pattern for which she got for free on Ravelry. Unfortunately, the directions for the short row beginning for the cuff were about as clear as mud. Between the two of us, we couldn't figure out what to do so Plan B went into effect and she worked on a hat instead.
Yesterday was the first time I tried warping my rigid heddle loom since we welcomed a new pet into the Mason household. By 11AM today it was all set up and ready to weave. It takes about an hour to warp and by the time that's done my back is screaming for me to sit back and rest so I have to work in stages. I found the yarn at a garage sale last year and made quite the killing. Two skeins of superwash merino/cashmere/nylon fingering weight for about $15! With about 5 hours worth of work I'll have a completed scarf.
Fozzie is still very cautious of strangers so Barbara wasn't able to pet him but he did show up for a cameo appearance just before she left. I sure hope he gets used to people because all the Chicks would love to cuddle him. And at 20 pounds, there's a lot of Fozzie to cuddle!
A great big thank you to my son, Andrew, who gave me his old/new laptop so I can write this blog with more ease. He spent so much time setting it up for me and now I am in business! I love when things work out! So until next time, keep those needles clicking!
 

No comments: