Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

The cicadas were chattering a lot today

 The heat and humidity were almost unbearable today but luckily, it was pleasant again by the river. An occasional motorboat whizzed by and we could see a couple of teams practicing their crewing skills up the river from where we sat.
  Every now and then the cicadas would make their chattering noise and then it would be quiet again.
  Usually there are families or people on their lunch hour. But this week it was just Maureen, Annika, Debbie, Barbara B. and me. Oh, and Annika's father reading his book, sitting close to shore. It was very restful at the park today.
 Maureen added the second sleeve to her Sunnyside cardigan. It's such a joyful pink!
 Barbara B. worked on a pair of baby socks. She said it took her a day to make one. A feeling of accomplishment came over her as she was able to make a perfect kitchener stitch to close the toe. Way to go Barbara!
 Debbie showed us the hat she's making from this pattern from Willow and Lark.
 Her stitch definition is showing off the cables beautifully.
 Annika's hat is almost finished and she is loving her new Zing interchangeable needles. She used the magic loop technique and the new needles are perfect for it.
I finished my Venomous Tentacula shawl and enjoyed every minute of knitting it. It took me five tries to get the hang of those big loopy holes but I'm glad I was persistant. I love how it blocked out.
 Just before we left this huge ship went by, creating a wake in its path.
It almost makes it feel like we're at the seashore, listening to the waves hit the shore. 
I said, ALMOST! 
Now it's back to the air conditioning as we wait for the humidity to break. It doesn't look like it will happen too soon though. Tomorrow's weather app shows a cactus and wavy heat lines. I think I'll stay inside. So until next week, keep those needles clicking, indoors preferably. ;)

No comments: