Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Friday, March 15, 2019

Ooopsie!

Every now and then my brain goes on vacation without me. That happened this Tuesday when I met with the afternoon Chicks but the evening Chicks who had planned on joining me had last minute conflicts which forced them to cancel late in the day. My husband had plans to meet his golfing buddies for dinner and review of the 2019 golf rules (yeah, that's a thing they like to do) so I decided to take myself out to dinner and veg out for the evening. Unfortunately, that meant I also forgot to post this week's episode of the Chicks' progress. So here we are on Friday, when I should be preparing for my afternoon stitchers at the Albany Public Library, writing the blog post a few days late. Better than never, right?
Cinzia finished her lovely cowl which was inspired by the Zickzack scarf by grafting the provisionally cast on edge with the bind off edge. It turned out beautifully and was a good way to use the yarn which wasn't in enough quantity to make a long scarf. The solid purple yarn is Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride worseted and the variegated is Noro Silk Garden. It's just beautiful!
 Elaine's baby hats were a welcome addition to our inventory. They were knitted with an easily washable acrylic.
 A few weeks ago I knitted myself a beret which turned out nicely but didn't look nice on me. Rather than waste yarn on a hat I would never wear, I frogged the hat and made a different style with a double knit band for extra warmth. The Merino dk and Wolke yarns are both from Periwinkle Sheep and the fur pompom was purchased online. Now there's a hat I will wear!
 On the needles now is a Throwback Pixie hood in a generic beige so it will be appropriate for either gender.
 And Elaine cast on for another baby hat.
Let's hope next week I get my act together sooner than Friday. ;)

No comments: