Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

I'm back!

Sorry for the long absence! I had back trouble which not only prevented me from meeting with my Chicks, it also prevented me from knitting! About the only thing I could do for a few weeks was switch from an ice pack to a heat pack! I'm glad that's over. As long as I remember to take it easy, it seems I'm on the upswing again. 
So after a long absence the afternoon ladies met on the deck today. Debbie gave a thumbs up because she is back to knitting too since her issues with her thumb have been resolved.
 She tried to catch up on her scarf but was slowed down by some yarn barf which had to be untangled.
 Elaine picked up on a new hat and...
 Liz decided to do her own thing and make a baby blanket.
 Barbara's Country Rows scarf is growing and showing off her colors nicely.
 Elaine added a hat to our inventory.
 And Liz added a cowl. The seed stitch gives it a nice texture and a bit extra thermal protection against the cold.
 Margaret had to frog the first try on her 1898 hat but she finished the first part tonight and will be grafting the ends to enclose the ear band. Then on to step 2 and picking up stitches for the crown of the hat.
 This is what Carole worked on tonight. She used a crochet hook to snatch the stitch and work it through so she could put it on the needle. We all love this 1898 hat pattern. Once you get the hang of it, it just flies off the needles.
 Maureen's Squarshy hat is practically finished. A few more rows and she'll be at the decreasing portion and it's a race to the finish after that.
 Since I haven't been able to knit for a few weeks I'm still working on Baltic Summer. The yarn makes it interesting so I don't mind that it's taking me so long to finish.
 And yes, the grandkitty is still visiting. It's been so long that she thinks she lives here now.
Confidentially, so do I! But don't tell her Daddy that. ;) 
It feels good to be back working with my Chicks again and listening to the clicking of those knitting needles. Have a great week and keep yourself in stitches!

No comments: