Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Not another one?!?!

You are probably getting sick and tired of seeing my 1898 Hat but I can't help it. When I wake up in the morning the stitches are already on my needle and ready to be knitted! It's a miracle!
You know that old saying? When life hands you lemons, make lemonade! I ran out of yarn with this one so with only 6 inches of yarn left I bound off and turned this hat into a ponytail hat so someone with long hair can accommodate the ponytail without discomfort.
And just as soon as it was bound off...POOF! another took its place! I started it on Sunday. By last night I had the earflaps finished and picked up the 84 stitches for the crown.
After tonight's two hour session it was done. It really is addictive knitting!
Elaine's hat is showing off its cables nicely. In between cables is another pattern going on. When it's finished I'll be better able to show you.
Barbara cast on stitches for a Spiral hat using some left over Noro Silk Garden from her stash. It's going to be pretty with all those lovely colors.
Margaret added a nice little cowl to the inventory tonight and went on to start...
a hat with stripes.
It's going to look like this.
Dorah's cowl in seed stitch is almost done. Another inch or two and she'll sew the narrow ends together with the mattress stitch.
Carole promised us her Wolkig cowl will be finished by next week. Now that she's retired she is busier than ever! She wondered how she managed to accomplish everything she did before when she worked full time! Isn't that always what happens when you retire?
Maureen is back too! She's working on a baby blanket now but will start a hat soon.
With two more Chicks looking into retiring in another year or two we joked about how they will be able to join the afternoon group. It's going to get crowded! I might have to add another afternoon! LOL!
Have a great week and keep those needles clicking!

No comments: