Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Come see what we finished!

The Chicks had an assortment of finished objects this week. We started off with toddler's slippers and a warm little hat that just flew off my needles. I was feeling disappointed in myself because it seemed I had not finished any of my long knitting projects so I threw in a couple of patterns I knew I could finish quickly.
Then suddenly I had knitted to the end of this cowl and...
this cowl, which is my own design. But I'm sure you can find a free pattern on Ravelry if you search for Brioche stitch cowl. The green cowl was made with Berroco Vintage DK yarn and the purple with Madelinetosh Worsted.
Liz finished a warm woolie cowl too. Sorry I don't have the pattern name for you.
Carole's baby pullover was finished off with 3 unmatched buttons which look so cute! See, you don't have to have matching buttons for a sweater. It adds style and panache to mismatch them!
This cute little Missy was made by Maureen for a friend's new granddaughter. Better hurry and deliver it before the baby outgrows it!
Carole added her Minty Bricks to the inventory too.
It was cool enough, with a little artificial help in the background, for us to knit on the deck last night. We all caught up on our summer getaways. Maureen just returned from a cross country drive to deliver her daughter to Los Angeles for her fellowship studies. And Dorah had a celebratory trip to Milwaukee where she watched the Mets play and even got to meet some of them who were all staying in the same hotel where she was booked.
And still Dorah had time to finish her cardigan for donation. By evening's end the sleeves were done and it was ready for these cute colorful buttons.
I better get back to my needles. I still have miles to go on those scarves!

No comments: