Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

I'm ba-aaack! sort of....

I feel like I've been away for so long! I'm sorry but I had this sinus thing that knocked the tar out of me and this is the first day since Saturday that I've felt well enough to sit at the computer. I didn't even feel like knitting! Now you know I was really sick.
Anyway, the long weekend of Dec. 4th through the 8th my Sweetie and I took a few days away for some sunshine to chase away the winter blues. Unlike most people who want to get away at the end of winter, I need the sunshine early when the days get shorter. So I mustered up all my courage and said yes to a trip to Bonita Springs, Florida on the west coast, just above Naples. We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Bonita Springs, which is actually in Estero, whatever.... It was so weird to see Christmas decorations hanging from palm trees in 78 degree weather. But hey! I wasn't going to criticize! I soaked up as much sun as I could.

I sat at the poolside each morning by 9AM and listened to Christmas carols being piped through the gardens. It felt great to soak up some rays. Don't worry, I wore my #30 sunblock.
Ron even caught up on some of his reading. He's not a beach or pool person so he didn't even bring swim trunks. Can you imagine that?!
We took a day trip to Sanibel and Captiva Islands and visited the Ding National Wildlife Preserve where I was able to capture Mother Nature at her finest. I never saw so many exotic birds: egrets, pelicans, osprey, kingfishers, red egrets (which by the reaction of the professional photographer standing beside me at the time, was a big honkin' deal!)
Yes, it was a lovely trip and now I'm looking forward to a White Christmas.

1 comment:

bmash said...

Jody,
Glad that you had a good time and that you are feeling better. Enjoy the holidays!
Beth