Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Inside knitting as opposed to river knitting

Since it was too cold to sit on my front lawn or knit by the river, we have returned, once again, to Zoom for our weekly meeting. Joining me are Maureen, Annika, and Janna. And thank goodness, everyone is smiling! I guess we weren't talking about current affairs yet. 
Janna has progressed to the last band of color on her baby blanket. Those pastel colors are stunning!
Maureen is starting a second version of this hat called Rudensk. It's free on Ravelry.
This is the first one she made for her granddaughter but it didn't fit so she's making another.
Annika's scarf for her son keeps getting longer. She has 10 rows of border at the end for which she needs to save yarn to finish it off. I think I remember reading somewhere that it takes 4 times the width of your row to knit the row so she will have an idea of how far she can knit the pattern before starting the border.
Janna and Annika learned knitting from a neighbor when they were 14 years old and this is the bear Janna made WITHOUT USING A PATTERN! He's adorable! It's nice to have a keepsake like him.
I am working on a tribute collar in memory of RBG. It's crocheted and while the first time I followed a pattern, I had to rip it out due to a major booboo! This time I'm winging it and sort of making it up as I go along and I'm much happier with the design. Just a few more rows and I'll be done. Then it goes for a bath and blocking and I can wear her when I go vote. 
That's all the news for this week. Stay well and keep those needles clicking.
 

No comments: