Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Between the raindrops

Cinzia, Debbie, Maureen, and I managed to squeeze between the two hours of rain clouds blowing overhead. I guess Mother Nature knew we had important work to do.
Maureen's Easy Goes It Shawl/scarf looks beautiful in this lovely tonal blue fingering weight yarn. Ravelry has the free pattern available in DK weight as well.
Debbie is using my favorite color to make a pair of fingerless mitts. She's using my favorite technique too...two at a time on magic loop.
Cinzia put down her knitting needles and took up her crochet hook to make something but she hasn't decided what yet. :)
I'm making a baby alpaca scarf for my Christmas inventory and...
a pair of socks with no heel. The spiral stitching creates a bias fabric which fits the bumps and angles of the foot without having to knit a short row heel. The video link brings you to a tutorial which makes one at a time on double pointed needles but I like getting both socks done at once so I am working magic loop technique.

 The last couple of days felt like the last hurrah of summer but the breezes which are bringing the rain will definitely bring the cooler temps of autumn. This is the first year that I will not be attending any fiber festivals because of COVID19 so I'll be missing the beautiful colors in the trees on the drive to Washington County Fairgrounds or Rhinebeck. I will enjoy the ones in my own neighborhood though. Every time I see the fiery red burning bush at the corner I imagine how beautiful it would be as a yarn. I'll have to dive through  my stash for some of those colors for my next project. So enjoy your fall weather and keep those needles clicking!

No comments: