Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, April 23, 2019

New critters joined the Chicks this week

We start off this week with FO's from the Chicks. Barbara K. finished her spiral hat and the colors worked up beautifully. At first we were concerned there would be pooling of colors but the winding pattern breaks them up enough to make an interesting pattern.
 Rocky Raccoon with his cabled sweater was a very quick knit and with each one I make I figure out a shortcut or easier way to make them.
 Hootie Owl was a Youtube video tutorial I found one night when I couldn't sleep. You'd think that since the whole thing was spoken in Russian I would get drowsy but not so much. And no, I don't speak Russian, I'm just good at following the video.
 Here is an example of how to make small amounts of yarn stretch to complete a project. Both the socks and the hat used the same variegated yarn but the hat has one row of red between the patterned yarn. I thought I wouldn't have enough red yarn to make a whole hat so I interspersed the self striping yarn.
 The hat and pullover sweater that was drying last week is all blocked and ready to go.
 And a crocheted kitty joined the menagerie of critters. That's his tail wrapped around his side.
 Carole finished her Simple Pullover. It's adorable with the brightly colored buttons.
 And she finished her Helix hat too.
 Barbara B. put the finishing touches to her crocheted blanket. I love the high contrast colors.
 Debbie started a chevron blanket today and...
 Barbara K. started a hat. She wasn't confident this yarn is going to be a good selection for it so by next week it might be something else. We'll see.
 Margaret started this sweet sweater tonight but was having issues with the clarity of the written pattern or the lack there of.
 She started it and is working the short rows but between the two of us, we're not sure it's working.
 Barbara B.'s cardigan is coming along very quickly. She started this just a few days ago!
 And Maureen is making a hat with the leftover yarn from Dorah.
 I started a Dexter boy's vest which called for DK weight yarn but I didn't have any appropriate for a more masculine look so I had to bump it up to worsted weight. I'm using Berroco Comfort in a tweedy brown. It's going to look like a grandpa vest.
 Carole finished knitting and sewing her little Teddy and needs to embroider a face and attach ears and then it will be ready.
 She also cast on for a diagonally knitted blanket. This is a good standard pattern for a quick knit.
 And many thanks to Carole for the donation of yarn. She went to WEBS last weekend to check out their annual blowout sale and came home with this Plymouth Encore, a great wool and acrylic blend yarn that is machine wash and dry. It's great for baby clothes!
Thanks again Carole!

No comments: