Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

It's an explosion of critters!

Cinzia, Janna, and I made all kinds of critters this week. Izzy the Teddy Bear times 4 were our favorites. He's easy to knit and quick to assemble. Cinzia used a crochet pattern for her bunny. And she and I made the Diddy hedgehogs from a free Ravelry pattern, also crocheted. They are sized just right for baby hands.
I used the tubular cast on to make a smooth edge for a baby hat.
Then I added a few crocheted blossoms to dress it up.
On my needles now is a pullover made in the top-down technique. The yarn is Opal sock yarn Vincent Van Gogh. The colors were inspired by his painting Sunflowers. I'm ready to put the sleeve stitches on holders so I can finish the body.
 
Margaret finished her earflap hat and is ready to make I-cords for the ties.
Dorah cast on and knit a good portion of a ribbed edge, stockinette hat in brightly colored, self-striping yarn.
Carole's baby hat is almost finished. Just a few rows to go.
And Barbara B.'s baby blanket has about 3 more inches to go and it will be added to inventory.
That's all for now. Until next week, keep those needles clicking!

No comments: