Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Guess who's back

I told you I would have a new critter to add to our inventory this week. My piranha was made with worsted weight yarn and a size 5 needle to keep the stitches dense enough so the stuffing wouldn't peek through.
 Barbara K. brought us two baby blankets which she made using patterns from the Plymouth Baby Blankets book.
 One looks like the Mistake Stitch and the other...
 looks like a brick stitch.
 Barb also brought a spiral hat for inventory.
 Elaine finished another cute variegated hat with a top knot.
 And Barbara B. made a matched set using Berroco Comfort yarns. This yarn is so soft. I think it's an acrylic and nylon blend so it's machine washable and dryable.
 I had some small scraps of yarn that I put together for a hat. The top is squared off at the four points.
 Using Opal Sock yarn in the Sunflowers colorway, inspired by Vincent van Gogh's painting of Sunflowers, I made up a hat to go with...
 a baby pullover inspired by the Flax Light pattern.
 One of the many nights I couldn't sleep I was watching Youtube. There was a tutorial for a hat filmed by a woman who was speaking a language I couldn't quite determine. But after watching it a couple of times I was able to figure out how to make the hat. 
 This week Elaine worked on a baby blanket using a soft green palate.
 Barbara worked on another spiral hat using a short color change yarn.
 And Cinzia finished her crocheted vest.
 I started the cuffs on my TAAT (two at a time) toe up baby socks. That row of pink stitches with the yarn hanging off to the right is the lifeline yarn for the afterthought heel.
 Dorah finished her cute little striped hat and wove the ends into the inside for a nice neat finish.
 Carole's helix hat grew many inches since last week.
 And look who's back! Maureen's busy tax season is over and we were overjoyed she had enough energy to join us tonight.
I found another cute critter pattern over the weekend so maybe next week we'll have another breed of animal to add to the zoo. Stay well and keep those needles clicking!

No comments: