Your greatness is not what you have, it's what you give.

Tuesday, August 22, 2023

It's a deck day

Maureen and Carole survived their family vacations to Cape Cod and Bethany Beach. The families brought along the grandchildren so Maureen had a set of twins under one year old and three toddlers and Carole had three year old twins and her very pregnant daughter to juggle among the other adults who accompanied them. Carole said the undertow and waves at Bethany Beach were a challenge when the boys wanted to go swimming. Maureen had a pool at their Cape getaway, but it's still challenging when the parents of all these kids want to take a break too. Thankfully, everyone survived unscathed. But I'll bet Carole and Maureen would like another vacation to recover from the last one. LOL!
Barbara K. has come a long way on the hat she's making for her granddaughter. It's the Ex's and O's Hat on Ravelry and is a paid pattern. She needs bright lighting to knit that black yarn. You know the saying? If someone knits something for you with black yarn it means they REALLY love you!
Her project for donation is another Helix Hat. We told her they are addictive and she has fallen into the trap. It's a great stash busting project for left over scraps of yarn.
Maureen is making a Helix too. She just added the third color round.
And Margaret is making a Helix too! See! They are addictive! 
I'm starting the stockinette border on my In Threes Cowl which should be finished soon. I have 13 more rounds of stockinette to knit and then it has to be sewn into place.
Jan finished a lovely hat and cowl ensemble with a self patterning yarn.
And Barbara B. finished the Elis Cowl and blocked it to open up the Indian Cross Stitch lace. This is a freebie on Ravelry.
Carole took the design from the In Threes Cowl and turned it into a hat. Very nice!!!
And she completed her test knit of the same pattern which turned out beautifully. Now I need to find the fortitude to write it up so I can post it to Ravelry. Computers and I are not on speaking terms so it will be a challenge.
Carole also finished her Eyelet version of the Hitchhiker Shawl. She found the variation in the notes of another Ravelry knitter who decided to take the original Hitchhiker pattern and make it her own.
I finished the Waldkind and had some yarn left which I thought would be enough for a headband to match.

Not so much! It might fit a baby's head. Next time I'll use a larger quantity of yarn to be sure there is enough for a headband too. I used the Bouquet of Headbands as a guide but modified the pattern for I-cord edging.
I'm so hungry I could eat a horse so I'm going to finish and grab a snack.
Have a great week and keep those needles clicking!

No comments: